Dell PowerEdge XE8545
AI infrastructure without compromise
The Dell EMC PowerEdge XE8545 is a supercharge your compute performance with a 2 socket, 4U system designed to optimize the latest industry technologies. Develop, train, and deploy cutting edge machine learning models, accelerate complex high-performance computing workloads or host accelerated virtualization services.
Optimized CPU & GPU performance
The XE8545 uses the highest core count AMD CPUs with the highest powered NVIDIA A100 Tensor Core GPUs for a large and powerful range of processing needs.
- Combine the highest core counts (128) of the new generation of AMD EPYC processors and the most GPU memory and bandwidth available today to break through the bounds of AI computing.
- Host multi-tenant environments using a flexible set of virtualization options: NVIDIA’s vGPU software and their new Multi-Instance GPU (MIG) capability.
- Choose between 400 W and 500 W GPU options, while maintaining air-cooled (35C/25C) efficiency
- NVIDIA-Certified System tested for performance, manageability, security, and scalability
Accelerated I/O throughput
The XE8545 stands out by combining all its components - NVLink, PCIe Gen 4.0, and NVMe SSDs to push the boundaries of data flow and computing possibility.
- Achieve 6-7 the machine learning performance (2x the HPC performance) over today’s accelerators with PCIe Gen 4 A100 SXM4 GPUs with the highest peer to peer bandwidth (600Gb/s) in a low latency switchless design.
- Improve machine learning training with 20x performance gain based on sparsity-enabled matrix multiplication and 600GB/s bandwidth for GPU-GPU communication, 2x more than the previous generation.
The XE8545 simplifies data center operations with the full OpenManage stack, standard rack depth, and air cooling.
- Manage your data center efficiently and consistently with full iDRAC compliance and Open Management Enterprise (OME) support.
- Readily integrate this innovative technology into your data center with a standard depth rack, and air-cooled (35C) chassis, avoiding expensive costs.
Fortify your data center with integrated security
Every PowerEdge server is designed with a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security deeply into every phase in the lifecycle, from design to retirement.
- Enhance security with platform enablement of AMD Secure Memory Encryption (SME) and Secure Encrypted Virtualization (SEV).
- Operate your workloads on a secure platform anchored by cryptographically trusted booting and silicon root of trust.
- Maintain server firmware safety with digitally signed firmware packages.
- Detect and remediate unauthorized or malicious change with drift detection and system lockdown.
- Securely and quickly wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory with System Erase
Your innovation engine
The Dell PowerEdge XE8545, powered by 3rd Generation AMD EPYC processors, is a dense compute node to address massive compute at scale.
Built for Your Most Demanding Workloads from the Edge to Multi-Cloud
PowerEdge XE is the first server family purpose-built for complex, emerging workloads that require high performance and large storage. These robust servers deliver the reliability and security for demanding applications inside traditional data centers or in extreme conditions stretching from outside the data center to the harsh edge environment of the IT infrastructure.
- Rapidly respond to data growth by meeting the fluctuating demands of compute, latency and bandwidth
- Monitor system health health accurately with unified systems management
- Protect your customers and your business with a deep layer of defense built into the hardware and firmware
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
Tame the complexity of your IT environment with Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio which uses tools and solutions to discover, deploy, monitor, manage, update and secure your PowerEdge infrastructure.
Integrate tools across your portfolio with PowerEdge iDRAC, OpenManage Enterprise and CloudIQ solutions that help organizations automate their server lifecycles, optimize operations and scale efficiently.
Stay protected at every phase of the product lifecycle with the PowerEdge cyber resilient architecture that helps accelerate your adoption of a Zero Trust security strategy. From the silicon root of trust, secured component verification, signed firmware and drift detection to BIOS recovery and dynamic system lockdown, you can rest assured that your servers are secure.
|Dell PowerEdge XE8545 Specifications|
|CPU||Two 3rd Generation AMD EPYC processors (280 W) with up to 64 cores per processor|
|Controllers||BOSS S1.5, H745|
|Thermal||Air Cooled Up to 35C for 400 W GPUs or 25C for 500 W GPUs|
|Fans||12 x Front Hot Plug Fans, 6 x Internal Fans (CPU)|
|Power Supplies||4 x Hot-plug redundant 2400 W AC Power Supply|
|Dimensions||Depth: 810 mm Width: 447 mm Height: 86.8 mm|
|Rack Unit||4U Rack Server|
|Embedded NIC||2x 1GbE LOM|
|Networking Options||OCP x16 mezz 3.0|
|Operating Systems & Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.