Dell EMC PowerScale H7000 Hybrid NAS Storage
Handle a wide variety of large-scale data workloads while lowering your costs
PowerScale helps you unlock the structure within your data and to address the challenges with unstructured data management. PowerScale is the next evolution of the OneFS – the operating system powering the industry’s leading scale-out NAS platform. The PowerScale family includes Isilon nodes, PowerScale nodes and PowerScale OneFS running across all of them. The software defined architecture of OneFS give you simplicity at scale, intelligent insights and the ability to have any data anywhere it needs to be – at the edge, core or cloud. Whether it is hosting file shares or home directories or delivering high performance data access for applications like analytics, video rendering and life sciences, PowerScale can seamlessly scale performance, capacity and efficiency to handle any unstructured data workload. The PowerScale platforms co-exist seamlessly in the same cluster with your existing Isilon nodes to drive your traditional and modern applications.
Scale-out storage that is ready for any workload
As your business changes, your infrastructure needs to change with it. Be ready for what's coming next:
Support any workload
- Choose from all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes for the best fit for your data
- Run multiple data protocols with simultaneous access to avoid storage silos
- Deploy as a NAS appliance, in APEX- or in the Cloud
Scalable data management
- Scale up, down or out non-disruptively to tens of petabytes
- Scan and index billions of files across your environment with DataIQ
- Manage your storage infrastructure with a single UI with CloudIQ
Protect your data
- Built-in availability, redundancy, security, data protection and replication with OneFS
- Protect from cyber attacks with integrated ransomware defense and smart AirGap
- Designed for 6x9s availability
Dell EMC PowerScale Hybrid Platforms
PowerScale hybrid storage platforms powered by the OneFS operating system use a versatile yet simple scale-out architecture to speed access to massive amounts of data. The highly flexible hybrid platforms strike the balance between large capacity and high-performance storage to provide support for a broad range of enterprise file workloads.
PowerScale OneFS is the operating system powering the industry’s leading scale-out NAS platforms that enables you to innovate with your data. The PowerScale Hybrid family includes Dell EMC PowerScale platforms and the Dell EMC Isilon platforms configured with the PowerScale OneFS operating system. OneFS provides the intelligence behind the highly scalable, high– performance modular storage solution that can grow with your business. A OneFS powered cluster is composed of a flexible choice of storage platforms including all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes. These solutions provide the performance, choice, efficiency, flexibility, scalability, security and protection for you to store massive amounts of unstructured data within a cluster. The PowerScale hybrid platforms co-exist seamlessly in the same cluster with your existing Isilon nodes to drive your traditional and modern applications.
PowerScale family of hybrid storage platforms powered by the OneFS operating system uses a versatile yet simple scale-out architecture to speed access to massive amounts of data. The hybrid platforms are highly flexible and strikes the balance between large capacity and high-performance storage to provide support for a broad range of enterprise file workloads. The hybrid storage platforms are available in four product lines:
- PowerScale H700: Provides maximum performance and value to support a demanding file workloads. The H700 provides capacity up to 960 TB per chassis. The H700 includes inline compression and deduplication capabilities
- PowerScale H7000: This versatile, high performance, high capacity hybrid platform with up to 1280 TB per chassis. The deepchassis based H7000 is an ideal to consolidate a range of file workloads on a single platform. The H7000 includes inline compression and deduplication capabilities
- Isilon H400: Provides a balance of performance, capacity and value to support a wide range of file workloads. The H400 delivers up to three GB/s bandwidth per chassis and provides capacity options ranging from 120 TB to 960 TB per chassis.
- Isilon H500: This versatile hybrid platform delivers up to five GB/s bandwidth per chassis with a capacity ranging from 120 TB to 960 TB per chassis. The H500 is an ideal choice for organizations looking to consolidate and support a broad range of file workloads on a single platform.
- Isilon H5600: Combines massive scalability – up to 1.28 PB (raw) per chassis – and up to eight GB/s bandwidth – in an efficient, highly dense, deep 4U chassis. The H5600 also includes inline compression and deduplication capabilities. The H5600 is designed to support a wide range of demanding, large-scale file applications and workloads.
- Isilon H600: Designed to provide high performance at value, delivers up to 120,000 IOPS and up to 12 GB/s bandwidth per chassis. The H600 is ideal for HPC workloads that don’t require the extreme performance of all-flash.
Embedded, integrated, or attached OEM versions are available for PowerScale hybrid nodes as either de-branded or re-branded solutions.
It’s not just data, it’s your business
A large portion of your data is unstructured data and that dataset is growing exponentially – not just in the datacenter but at the enterprise edge and in the cloud. PowerScale OneFS powered scale-out storage solutions are designed for organizations that want to manage all their data, not their storage. Our storage systems are powerful yet simple to install, manage and scale to virtually any size. The storage includes a choice of PowerScale and Isilon all-flash, hybrid or archive nodes to meet the most demanding business needs. And, unlike traditional enterprise storage, these solutions stay simple no matter how much storage capacity is added, how much performance is required or how business needs change in the future.
In a world where unstructured data is growing rapidly and taking over the data center, organizations are looking for ways to get more out of their data. Whether it is driving innovation, getting to market faster or creating differentiation, they want the data to start creating value. Instead of thinking of destinations for your data, you think about what the data is going to be used for, who will be using it and how the data will help you solve for their business needs. When you have a data first mindset, the goal is to get any data to where it needs to be for business needs. Whether it is all-flash Edge offerings or the cloud to take advantage of the tools and access, data must be located where it needs to be for the business
With OneFS powered clusters consisting of PowerScale or Isilon nodes, you can eliminate storage silos, consolidate all your unstructured data, store petabytes of file data and analyze them in a data first world. With up to 252 nodes in a cluster, you can scale both capacity and performance in a few minutes to meet your specific business needs—all without any additional IT burden. With the performance of all-flash node that are configured with NVMe, you can drive demanding workloads like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- PowerScale enables you to derive value and innovate with your unstructured data
- Address challenges with your unstructured data management
- NVMe PowerScale nodes deliver high performance storage
- Simply manage data at the edge, datacenter and cloud
- Massive capacity and performance scalability
- Reduced costs with unmatched storage efficiency, deduplication and compression
- Optimize resources with tiered storage of all-flash, hybrid and archive nodes
- Operational flexibility with multiprotocol support
- High availability and resilient data protection
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.