Unified Backup and Recovery
Protect critical workloads across heterogenous environments
Whether you’re protecting applications and data residing within your data center or the public cloud, NetWorker provides the same enterprise-level user experience. Leverage the data protection that fits your needs best: deduplication, backup to disk and tape, snapshots, replication, and NAS protection, wherever your data may reside.
Protect your data with confidence and recover with ease
Built on a reputation of efficiency and reliability, thousands of customers trust NetWorker to protect their data and applications across multiple environments, from core to edge to cloud. Inherently flexible, NetWorker helps you deploy and leverage the data protection that fits your needs. NetWorker protects both physical and virtual environments, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, as well as cloud workloads on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
NetWorker is available as part of Dell Data Protection Suite, which offers comprehensive data protection software applications and tools. NetWorker is delivered as software and as a virtual edition.
Scalable protection: High performance protection across a wide range of databases, storage environments and applications for growing organizations of any size.
Multicloud enabled: Extend protection to the cloud with backup to cloud, backup in-cloud, long term retention and cloud disaster recovery.
Efficiency: Automation and efficiency means less management time and lower costs.
Broad application support
NetWorker’s maturity and history enables it to boast one of the broadest support libraries in the industry, from databases and storage architectures to enterprise and cloud native applications. NetWorker is constantly being updated to provide a data protection solution for industry-leading databases including DB2, Informix, Lotus Domino/Notes, MySQL, Oracle, SAP IQ, and Sybase ASE data.
Extend to the cloud
With its cloud capabilities, NetWorker offers efficient and reliable backup in the cloud, backup from onpremises to the cloud as well as long term retention and disaster recovery to the cloud. NetWorker Virtual Edition (NVE) offers simple deployment in AWS, Azure and Google and is available in each providers’ marketplace.
For applications running in the public cloud, NetWorker leverages cost efficient object storage, and can be seamlessly paired with PowerProtect DD Virtual Edition for added scalability and cost efficiencies for large workloads.
NetWorker Snapshot Management (NSM) is integrated with Dell Technologies storage and enables endto-end snapshot management and backup from within the NetWorker UI. NSM provides point-in-time copies of data and allows your applications to continue writing to disk during the backup process.
NetWorker is tightly integrated with VMware so administrators can leverage the VMware tools with which they are already familiar, such as vRealize. This integration and familiarity translate into highly efficient data protection operations for VMware environments.
- Centralized Management: Eases administration with a simple graphical user interface, wizard-based configuration and management, and a common catalog
- Enterprise-Class Backup and Recovery: Works with a wide range of protocols, operating systems, business-critical applications, storage platforms, and virtualized environments
- Cloud Enabled: With EMC CloudBoost, NetWorker delivers highly efficient and secure long-term retention of backups to EMC Elastic Cloud Storage private cloud, the Virtustream Storage Cloud enterprise-class public cloud, and other select public cloud offerings.
- High Performance and Scale: Built to protect the largest enterprise
- Industry-Leading Deduplication: Integrated with EMC Data Domain and EMC Avamar for easy, fast, and reliable data deduplication
- Integrated Snapshot Management: Provides built-in data protection for block and file storage arrays that include VMAX, VNX, Isilon, and NetApp Filers
- Broad Application Support: Enables application-consistent backup and recovery of business-critical databases and applications including email, collaboration, and electronic medical records (EMR).
- Comprehensive backup and recovery across your IT ecosystem
- Performance and scalability to protect even the largest enterprises
- Optimize your cloud investment with cost effective backup to object storage in the cloud
- Have confidence in meeting your RPO and RTO goals
- Flexible storage options, including tape management, snapshot management and NDMP backup and recovery
- Optimized for VMware
- Multi-hypervisor support
|Solution Size (Users)||100 to 499 users
500 to 1,000 users
More than 1,000 users
|Backup-to-Disk Platforms||EMC Data Domain Systems
EMC Disk Library 4000/5000
|Database Platforms||Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft SQL Server
IBM Domino (Lotus)
|Solution For||Data Protection
Backup and Disaster Recovery
Download the Dell NetWorker Datasheet (PDF).