Dell EMC PowerMax 8500
World's most secure mission-critical storage
The PowerMax 8500 is the flagship of the PowerMax family combining the richest data services with ultimate scalability. It offers the highest levels of performance for the most demanding mission-critical workloads. Get the utmost in security with the world’s most secure mission-critical storage, designed for Zero Trust security environments. Not only does PowerMaxOS software update in under 6 seconds, it also supports 65M secure snapshots and the most granular cyber recovery at scale to optimize RPO.
The 8500 incorprates automated performance optimization (AI/ML) and is the industry’s first automated end-to-end NVMe/TCP deployment solution powered by the breakthrough dynamic fabric architecture. The 8500 not only has a 4:1 data reduction guaranteed but also is the industry’s first array to use REST API storage provisioning for block, file, and mainframe environments. PowerMax 8500 delivers up to 2x faster performance, under 60 microseconds read response times, and up 2x faster rebuild times compared with previous models. The PowerMax 8500 is intuitive and resilient, adapting as your organization grows.
- New trusted, intelligent, continuously modern storage powers demanding mission-critical workloads while simplifying operations
- Next-generation dynamic fabric architecture eliminates traditional storage boundaries, delivers massive scalability, low latency, and high availability
- Modernize without disruption with data-in-place Anytime Upgrade and Future-proof program
- Consolidate all workloads – multi-node NVMe scale-out architecture consolidates open systems, mainframe, file, IBM i storage. Up to 7x2 more capacity per array
- Efficiency without compromise – 14x3 more capacity per rack unit, 80% power savings per terabyte, global inline data reduction with 4:1 data reduction guarantee5 (3:1 for mainframe)
- Performance optimized – new dynamic fabric technology with RDMA over NVMe, 2x faster performance, 50% better response times.
- Enhanced virtualization – integrated VMware vVols and SRDF for mission-critical workloads
- Workload optimization – automated workload placement / resource optimization across arrays
- Streamlined NVMe/TCP setup – up to 44% less time to configure NVMe/TCP resources
- Integrated management – fully integrated File management for set up, changes, replication
- Multi-cloud data mobility– automated, policybased snapshots to on/off prem multi-cloud
- Most secure storage – designed for Zero Trust security architectures, hardware root of trust, secure boot, digitally signed firmware updates
- Intrinsic protection – from unauthorized access via multi-factor authentication for admin access through RSA SecureID (two-factor)
- Anomaly detection – continuous cyberattack anomaly detection and alerting through CloudIQ
- Cyber recovery – most granular cyber recovery at scale recovers more data from cyberattacks, enabled by up to 65M secure snaps per array
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.