Dell EMC Unity 600 Hybrid Flash Storage
The ultimate in simplicity & unified flash value
Get a Quote!
The EMC Unity™ Hybrid product line sets new standards for storage with compelling simplicity, modern design, affordable prices, and flexible deployments – to meet the needs of resource-constrained IT professionals in large or small companies.
If you are looking for rich features with absolute simplicity in a small footprint, if you are cost-conscious and need the best from the best, EMC Unity Hybrid is for you. Designed for flash with rich data services, Unity Hybrid delivers flash performance with the cost advantage of disk and is the perfect fit for your mixed applications, unified storage and Remote-Office-Branch-Office (ROBO) requirements.
IT professionals are struggling with the ever-changing demands of their jobs – including storage management. They are experiencing data growth like never before and IT budgets are under extreme pressure. This is especially evident in the midmarket, where IT professionals are wearing many hats and becoming generalists - handling servers, networking, mobile devices, desktops, virtualization, and storage – so they are spread extremely thin. These days, IT generalists need simple, modern, affordable, and flexible storage technology to simplify and automate.
- Simple: Data growth is increasing but the IT department is not - therefore you need storage technology that automates many tasks and helps get the job done. You cannot spend time becoming a storage expert or reading a manual - it must be intuitive and simple to use.
- Modern: You need the latest technology so that you have the power to manage the latest workloads. In 2015, flash became a requirement. So systems must be designed with flash in mind and leverage the latest data management and mobility technologies - you don’t want to get left behind.
- Flexible: Storage solutions should be flexible enough to be repurposed for a variety of different workloads – block, file, databases, virtual environments or even as a backup target. Storage should come in a variety of deployment models from purpose-built all-flash or hybrid configurations to converged infrastructure and even virtual storage appliances.
- Affordable: Storage systems must be affordable to purchase and deliver the best total cost of ownership throughout the life of the system. And it should be cost-effective to run all your workloads on these systems.
Designed to be simple, engineered for flash, and built for value: that’s EMC Unity 600 hybrid flash storage. Unity 600 is modern midrange storage for organizations from midmarket to enterprise.
We’ve engineered EMC Unity to take advantage of flash and rich data services for your SAN and NAS workloads. Dense flash technology helps to deliver outstanding TCO. All-inclusive software enables automated tiering and flash caching to ensure your active data is served from high performance SSDs. You’ll also have point-in-time snapshots, local and remote data replication, built-in encryption, and deep integration with VMware, Microsoft, and OpenStack ecosystems.
Get more done in less time with your EMC Unity 600 hybrid flash array. Manage using the compelling HTML5 interface and cloud-enabled management dashboard. Proactive assistance is at your fingertips through EMC’s automated remote support.
- Simple: Quick to install, slick easy-to-use interface with intuitive management
- Modern: Modern 2U architecture designed for flash with modern EMC Data Protection choices
- Flexible: Unified file and block support for mixed workload consolidation
- Affordable: Midrange value optimized for performance, density, and cost
Benefits to you
- Cost Savings: Mixed workload consolidation onto affordable hybrid storage that scales to 3PBs
- Trusted: Knowing you are using modern, cutting edge technology that is industry proven
- Performance: Flash Performance for those workloads that require it, with overall hybrid economics
- Consolidation: Consolidate all your mixed workloads (file and block) onto a single solution
- Protected: Totally protected by EMC data protection options
- Cloud enablement: From cloud based management to VPLEX cloud tiering, Unity Hybrid has it all
- One architecture: Unity Hybrid replicating to a free EMC UnityVSA™ at a ROBO site at the same time it’s copying data from Unity All Flash solution for long
- Delivers 1.2 TB to 3.0 PB max raw capacity
- Unifies block, file, and VMware VVols support
- Uses 64-bit scalable file system to support transactional and traditional NAS
- Maximizes density and value with 3D NAND TLC flash
- Installs in 2 minutes, configures in 15
The Ultimate In Simplicity & Value
Unity is setting the standard for storage simplicity and value. Engineered from the ground-up to meet market demands for flash, affordability and outrageous simplicity, Unity hybrid comes in 4 scalable models; starting with the Unity 300, and scaling to the Unity 400, Unity 500 and then the Unity 600. Whether you are looking for 1TB to 3PB* of storage capacity, Unity Hybrid has you covered. (*expected to increase later)
Unity Hybrid is the only unified storage system that successfully meets all 4 requirements of today’s midmarket unified IT storage professionals; simple, modern, affordable, flexible.
Unity Hybrid Is Simple: Unity sets a new standard for simplicity in the midrange storage market with simplified customer installation, slick user interface, intuitive cloud enabled management and proactive assistance.
Unity Hybrid Is Modern: Unity has a modern 2U architecture designed for allflash, with support for high density SSD’s including 3D NAND TLC drives and delivers consistent performance with low latency. Unity All Flash supports file and block environments, point-in-time snapshots, synchronous and asynchronous replication, built-in encryption, tiering to the cloud and deep ecosystem integration with VMware, Microsoft and OpenStack. All flash design with modern EMC Data Protection choices.
Unity Hybrid Is Flexible: Whether you are looking for an all flash configurations to support your file or block application, Unity All Flash has you covered. Unity is also available as a free virtual storage appliance (UnityVSA), a purpose-built All Flash or Hybrid system, or a converged system –one operating system that connects them all.
Unity Hybrid Is Affordable: Our dual-active controller system was designed to optimize the performance, density, and cost of your storage to deliver all-flash performance for much less than you thought possible.
All Inclusive Software + More
All inclusive, feature rich, array based software comes standard. Optional offerings include differentiated Unity deployment options, availability and mobility, protection and networking options. Unity All Flash comes standard with limited warranty with enhanced and premium options available.
|Unity 600 Specifications|
|Max Raw Capacity||3.0 PB|
SMB 3.0 (CIFS)
|Drive Enclosure||2.5" SAS/Flash (2U), 25 drives
3.5" SAS/Flash (3U), 15 drives
|Max FAST Cache||6 TB|
|CPU||2 x Intel Xeon E5-2680 12-Core 2.5 GHz|
|Memory per Array||256 GB|
|Solution For||Mid-Range Storage
|Browse By||Hybrid Storage Array
Download the Unity 600 Hybrid Flash Storage Datasheet (PDF).
Get a Quote!