Dell EMC PowerEdge T640
Maximum performance and scalability
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The PowerEdge T640 delivers ultimate two-socket performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. The scalable T640 drives a wide range of workloads for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers.
Adapt and scale to your dynamic business needs
The PowerEdge T640 balances cost-effective, in-server expansion with powerful performance to provide a scalable business architecture. The versatile T640 allows you to address data-heavy, diverse workloads including virtualization, databases, analytics, imaging applications and SDS. Meet dynamic performance and capacity demands with flexible storage and I/O options.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives, up to 2x more than the previous generation.1
- Meet changing business requirements with a dual port 10GbE network.
- Future-proof data growth with up to 18 x 3.5” or 32 x 2.5” drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Intuitive systems management with intelligent automation
Dell EMC PowerEdge servers increase efficiency by leveraging the power and simplicity of the embedded iDRAC for smart automation of routine tasks. With agent-free management, the T640 is managed with ease and frees up time for your business priorities.
- Simplify and automate management of your Dell EMC infrastructure with OpenManage Enterprise.
- Take advantage of the OpenManage Mobile app and Quick Sync 2 capabilities to easily and effectively manage PowerEdge servers at the server, or wherever you are.
- Streamline management in virtualized environments with OpenManage Integrations for VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center.
Rely on PowerEdge with integrated security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The T640 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from the factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license).
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Accelerate modern workloads with an expandable platform
The PowerEdge T640 is a versatile, powerhouse server ideal for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers. The T640 combines powerful performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. Address a wide range of workloads and future-proof your data center with flexible storage, performance and I/O options.
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
Meet evolving business needs with the scalable business architecture of the PowerEdge T640. Accelerate demanding workloads and plan for future growth with cost-effective, in-server expansion.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel Xeon Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
Dell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72% with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware vSphere, Microsoft System Center and Nagios.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge T640 Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor|
|Dimension||Max depth: 708.7 mm|
|Form Factor||5U tower or rack server|
|Bezel||Optional security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||Integrations:
||Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM||GPU Options||Not supported|
|I/O & Ports||
|Supported Operating Systems||
|OEM-Ready Version Available||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.