Dell EMC PowerEdge R650xs
Purpose-built 1U server for dense, fast growing scale-out solutions
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R650xs, with 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, designed to meet a specific set of requirements for medium-duty workloads with enterprise-class performance and capabilities.
Innovate at scale with challenging and emerging workloads
The new Dell EMC PowerEdge R650xs is a 1U, dual-socket server that’s purpose-built to maximize value with distinctive feature sets for scale-out environments. With it, you can:
- Add additional power and cores: Up to two 3rd generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 32 cores per socket
- Accelerate in-memory workloads: Up to 16 DDR4 RDIMMS, 3200 MT/sec
- Improve throughput, reduce latency: With up to 5 PCIe Gen4 slots, OCP 3.0 for network cards, and SNAP I/O support
- Include flexible storage: Up to 12x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs; or up to 16x 2.5” SAS/SATA HDDs or SSDs, and 8 NVMe drives
- Enable virtualization, medium VM density or VDI, and software-defined storage node workloads
Increase efficiency and accelerate operations with autonomous collaboration
The Dell EMC OpenManage systems management portfolio tames the complexity of managing and securing IT infrastructure. Using Dell Technologies’ intuitive end-to-end tools, IT can deliver a secure, integrated experience by reducing process and information silos in order to focus on growing the business. The Dell EMC OpenManage portfolio is the key to your innovation engine, unlocking the tools and automation that help you scale, manage, and protect your technology environment.
- Built-in telemetry streaming, thermal management, and RESTful API with Redfish offer streamlined visibility and control for better server management
- Intelligent automation lets you enable cooperation between human actions and system capabilities for added productivity
- Integrated change management capabilities for update planning and seamless, zero-touch configuration and implementation
- Full-stack management integration with Microsoft, VMware, ServiceNow, Ansible and many other tools for multiple operating environments, from on-premise to cloud to edge
Built-in proactive resilience through a complete portfolio of solutions
From the silicon and supply chain all the way to asset retirement, know that your servers are safe and secure with innovative Dell EMC and Intel technologies. We give you the confidence of cyber resilience with enterprise-class security that minimizes risk for any organization, from small business to hyperscale.
- Stay strong with continuous innovations that bolster cyber resilience, like OpenManage Secure Enterprise Key Manager and Automatic Certificate Enrollment
- Outmaneuver threats with intelligence, automation, and recovery tools that include iDRAC9 Telemetry, BIOS live scanning, and Rapid OS recovery
- Start strong with platform security features, even before the server is built, including Secured Component Verification and Silicon Root of Trust
Your innovation engine
The Dell PowerEdge R650xs is designed to meet a specific set of requirements for medium-duty workloads with enterprise-class performance and capabilities.
Performance and scalability for dense data center computing
The Dell PowerEdge R650xs with 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors is designed to address emerging technologies by delivering a combination of right-sized enterprise features, performance and scalability for virtualization, cloud, database scale-out and high-performance compute workloads.
- Supports up to 32 cores per CPU, and up to 16x DDR4 RDIMMs at up to 3200 MT/s
- Built for fast growing solutions with an optimal footprint and Multi Vector Cooling 2.0
- Manage with iDRAC9 Enterprise, OpenManage Enterprise and Plugins, iDRAC Direct, and Quick Sync 2.0
- Full-stack management integration with Microsoft, VMware, ServiceNow, Ansible and many other tools for multiple operating environments, from on-premises to cloud to edge.
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
|Dell EMC PowerEdge R650xs Specifications|
|Processors||Up to two 3rd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors with up to 32 cores|
|Drive bays||Front bays:
|Cooling options||Air cooling|
|Form Factor||1U rack server|
|Bezel||Optional bezel or security bezel|
|Integrations and Connections||OpenManage Integrations
|Embedded NIC||2 x 1 GbE LOM|
|Network Options||1 x OCP 3.0|
|GPU options||Not supported|
|PCIe||Up to 3 x PCIe Gen4 slots|
|Operating System and Hypervisors||
|OEM-ready version availabe||From bezel to BIOS to packaging, your servers can look and feel as if they were designed and built by you.|
Support & Services:
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. Dell employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. Dell gives you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.